They say we eat with our eyes first, and they are right. But to truly captivate an audience, a multi-sensory approach must be taken. With this in mind, it can be argued that audio-visual is the most effective one-two punch that an event provider has in their arsenal.
The audio-visual components of an event either make or break it for an audience. For without sight, and without sound, how is a brand meant to communicate their message to a large number of people?
When hosting a conference, launch party or award night for a large number of people, large screen technologies are one of the best ways to engage your audience and to direct their attention to the information you want them to absorb. When supported with engaging audio aids, your message can be communicated through multiple channels for ultimate retention.
When choosing your event provider, it is fundamental to ensure they share an understanding of the power of audio-visual. Ideally, your event partner will make you — as a client — aware of things you never knew were possible as part of an event. In order to do this, your event partner should possess a wealth of experience as well as a robust audio-visual inventory.
With over 25 years’ hosting events that engage and inspire thousands of people at a time, Microhire specialises in surpassing expectations.
An Example of What’s Possible with Microhire
In January 2015, Microhire was chosen to provide audio-visual technologies, staging and a range of custom solutions for a 1,700-person event held in The Dome at Sydney Showground.
Just before Christmas, our company received a highly-technical brief from a powerful multi-national client, describing their vision of a theatrical event that spanned conference, banquet-style dinner and an awards ceremony — all in the one day.
For this particular event, the visual component was the most significant aspect. Communicating a strong, unified brand message whilst capturing the attention of 1,700 attendees is no mean feat, but it helped us to have Australia’s largest range of event hire equipment.
For this event, Microhire provided a range of solutions that performed functional, decorative and informative functions:
- Custom blue-carpeted, hexagonal stage to fit centre of venue
- 6x dual-projection blend screens rigged in a hexagonal configuration
- Stumpfl 44’ x 12’ front projection screens hung with 12x Barco HDX-W20 FLEX 20,000 lumen projectors (with one projection screen made specifically in Austria for the event).
- Blend content that included moving backgrounds with camera and video PIPs
- 2x Analog Way Ascender 32 units to handle switching and blend duties
- 3x camera positions to film and provide live content at all stages of the event
- 36x Adamson Y10 Line Array elements in 6 drops
- Adamson T21 sub-bass elements
- Adamson Metrix front fill
- 20x Shure radio microphones
- Array of audio feeds fed into a Yamaha CL5 digital console
- Yamaha RIO Dante stage box
- 120x static and intelligent lighting fixtures
- grandMA2 full console for programming and control of intelligent lighting
During this event, edge-blend projection, live camera feeds, powerful audio and atmospheric lighting worked together at all times to sustain the engagement of the audience. Attendees were not only attentive to the information delivered throughout the day; they were completely immersed in it.
“We received lots of praise from customers. I’m very appreciative for the professional and smooth cooperation with your team.”
Traine Chow, Banson Events
This particular event was large-scale and challenging — especially with a tight two-hour window to re-set the conference into a dinner. However, it is a prime example of what is possible with the right event provider, and the right equipment. No matter the size of your event, Microhire’s large inventory - combined with our creative and experienced team of event professionals - enables us to customise a solution to fit your needs.
At Microhire, we understand that the success of your event has repercussions for the success of your business. Whether you’re planning on hosting an exhibition, conference, awards night or gala dinner, don’t leave it in the hands of any less than seasoned professionals.
To experience for yourself how visual technologies can transform your ideas of the possible, call Microhire on 1300 667 095